Back on January 4th KMCD/Classic 96 news reported a house explosion that took place in the early morning hours in the 1000 block of Washington Street in the City of Washington. After the blast two were taken to nearby medical facilities with unknown injuries. We have learned that one of them, a tenant of the home, 68 year old George Carpenter succumbed to the injuries at an Iowa City hospital several days later. The other injured was a 12 year boy, who was the victim’s nephew. The YMCA of Washington County is helping with a fundraising effort for the boy. The explosion is believed to be gas related at this time.
(Photo Compliments Of KCII Radio)