Since May 12th 1911, Pilot Grove Savings Bank has been serving customers in Southeast Iowa and the tri-state area as well as many other locations across the country. With the help of their loyal customers, Pilot Grove has prospered throughout the years despite the depression during the 1930’s, countless recessions, and rapidly fluctuating farm economies bringing them to 110 year of dedicated service.
The institution got off the ground 110 years ago when 23 investors pooled $10,000 to meet the banking needs of the local community, paying $4 per month to rent a 20×30 foot building. As they approach their anniversary that has grown to 14 offices, more than 100 employees and over $760 million in assets.
Photographed is a glimpse of Pilot Grove Savings Bank’s original building taken by Al Stuekerjuergen on April 12, 1916. Also included is a drone shot that captures the home office as it looks today.