Weather Alert

Fire Crews Battle Blaze At Fairfield Restaurant Early Monday Morning

At 3:27am Monday morning, The Fairfield Fire Department received a report of smoke coming from the building that houses Kokomo’s by Mike and Nikki. Upon arrival, five minutes later fire crews were met with fire coming from the electrical room of the restaurant, which after sometime they were able to extinguish. In all 19 firefighters from Fairfield and 8 with a truck from Libertyville providing mutual aid battled the blaze, eventually leaving the scene around 6:35am.

Everyone from the adjacent Best Western Inn was able to make it out safely. The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical issue and caused significant smoke damage. Fairfield Police and Care Ambulance also provided assistance at the scene. Both Kokomo’s and Best Western will be closed until further notice.  

Connect With Us