It’s a good idea to have a designated shooter that knows each firework; how it performs and how to safely light it. Make your celebration a fantastic show for the family.
Here are a few tips:
• Parents should not allow young children to handle fireworks.
• Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
• Do not hold a firework in your hand unless specifically stated in the caution label.
• Fireworks should only be used outdoors.
• Always have water ready, both in a bucket and in a charged hose, if you are using fireworks.
• Obey local laws and be neighborhood courteous.
• Wear eye protection (safety glasses) whenever using fireworks.
• Only light one firework at a time.
• Never relight a "dud" firework. Wait a few minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
• Used fireworks should be soaked with water and placed in a nonflammable trash can outside; several feet away from a house, garage, deck area or anything else flammable.
• Do not use homemade fireworks, professional fireworks or illegal explosives; they can kill you!
Let this 4th of July celebration be the happiest and safest celebration ever.