Listed below are job positions available in the area. Please note that this is for informational purposes & a service to our visitors. exploreSEiowa.com is not responsible for the content or job availability.
If you are a business that wishes to have a position posted on this page, email email@example.com
AGRONOMY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST AGRILAND FS, a financially strong and dependable cooperative serving customers in southern Iowa, eastern Nebraska, and northern Missouri, is looking for a motivated, dependable and mechanically inclined individual who enjoys working outdoors to fill the role of agronomy operations specialist. This individual will provide exceptional customer service, operate and maintain location facilities as well as a variety of agriculture equipment, and benefit from the opportunity to gain additional responsibility and grow within the company.
Classification: Full time with benefits
Career Category: Agronomy
- Operates a variety of agriculture-related equipment, including agronomy application equipment and anhydrous equipment
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment and facility
- Services and operates anhydrous equipment
- Assists with inventory control
- Service customers at the facility and on their farms / homes
- Experience running farm field equipment or construction equipment preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to work with hazardous materials (anhydrous, plant protection products) in a safe and professional manner
- Stable work history with no more than three (3) jobs in 10 years
- Experience working hours beyond normal, position requires long hours during spring and fall
- Excellent work ethic and team work skills
- Good customer service skills and a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to problem solve
- Exceptional math skills, and written / verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, stand, sit, crawl, climb and reach difficult areas as job demands
- Be able to obtain a Class B CDL with Hazmat Endorsements
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Excellent on the job training
- Extensive benefits including company funded pension plan, 401(k), health, vision and dental insurance
- Opportunity to gain additional responsibility and grow within the company
- Work variety (job is different everyday)
- Opportunity to operate excellent equipment
To Apply – stop by our office at 2901 W Grimes Ave, Fairfield, IA or call 641-472-6145
The Van Buren County Farm Service Agency in Keosauqua, Iowa is accepting applications for a full-time Program Technician. Starting pay grades CO 5-7, $31,944 – $39,570.
The individual will be responsible for carrying out office activities and functions pertaining to the technical assistance and program support related to FSA programs. Must possess good analytical skills with the ability to multi-task, read and interpret procedure. The job requires a high degree of initiative, problem solving, plus the ability to carry out and complete assignments. Applicants should be able to utilize various types of computer programs, work with the public; knowledge of agricultural practices would be beneficial.
To apply, visit the website at http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov, vacancy announcement IA-2015-0026, or contact Bev Nelson, CED, 319-293-3371, ext. 200. All applications must be received by 4:30 pm, Tuesday, October 13, 2015.
USDA- FSA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Fairfield Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Communications Specialist. Current opening is a full-time position. This shift works 6pm-6am on a rotating schedule. We are taking applications for this shift ONLY. Applications may be obtained at the Jefferson County Law Enforcement Center, 1200 West Grimes Avenue, Fairfield, Iowa.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Duties: Civilian Position
Provide communications for emergency services by answering 911 calls. Receive and process citizen requests for service promptly and efficiently. Greet visitors and officials at the Jefferson County Law Enforcement Center. Maintain records and perform other office duties.
- United States Citizen.
- Must be 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Good typing and computer experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to function under stress.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- No prior convictions of serious/aggravated misdemeanor or felony crimes.
- Able to work various shifts, overtime, holidays and weekends.
- Sign a 3 year contract with department.
Starting pay of $17.70 per hour.
Any questions regarding this position call (641) 472-4146, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. The City of Fairfield and Fairfield Police Department are equal opportunity employers.
4 Corner Restaurant in Lockridge, Iowa is looking for a waitress or waiter & kitchen helper. Base + Tips. which are good! Call 319-696-2463 Located 3154 195th Street in Lockridge.